Recipe by Kassidy
This is one of my most favourite dishes. (It's really spelled "Russian Chicken", but it's so fast to prepare I call it Rushin' Chicken!) It is so easy to make and it's a family favourite - especially the rice! Serves up to six, although likely, the rice will be leftover for days! Prepare with a salad or steamed vegetables on the side.
Top Review by Chefdesitrus
This was easy to prepare, simple, and tasty. Next time I will use low sodium soup as it was a bit to salty for me. I used a store brand cream of mushroom, so that could be the difference also. I will make it again.=)
- 4 large chicken leg quarters (OR up to six smaller chicken cutlets)
- 2 (8 ounce) cans condensed mushroom soup
- 1 (40 g) packet onion soup mix
- 2 cups long grain rice
- 4 cups water
- 6 medium button mushrooms, sliced (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to approximately 350°F.
- In a large glass or metal dish with a lid (about 4-5 inches deep), pour rice, water, onion soup mix, mushrooms and one can of mushroom soup. Mix together with a whisk.
- If desired, cut fat off of chicken cutlets. Place on top of the rice mixture, skin-side down (if using leg quarters).
- Using your hands, cover the chicken pieces with the remaining can of mushroom soup mix. Don't be afraid to cover them in a very thick layer.
- Cover the chicken and place in the oven. After about 30 minutes, turn the chicken pieces over, cover and put back in the oven. Wait 30 more minutes, then uncover and leave in the oven for another 10 - 15 minutes, or longer if you desire crispier chicken.
- Remove from the oven, and place all chicken on a large plate. Using a wooden spoon, mix rice well. Serve hot with vegetables or a salad.