1 hr 15 mins
This little cake is packed full of a lot of Island taste, coconut, rum, pineapple and macadamia nuts, how can that combination be anything but good? All we need are the Island music and cool winds! Didn't allow for cooling or chilling time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (18 1/2 ounce) package yellow cake mix
- 1 (3 3/4 ounce) package vanilla instant pudding mix
- 1 (15 ounce) Coco Lopez
- 1/2 cup bacardi white plus rum
- 2 tablespoons bacardi white plus rum
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 4 eggs
- 1 (8 ounce) can crushed pineapple, well drained
- 2 -3 tablespoons crushed toasted macadamia nuts, to taste (optional)
- 1Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- 2In large mixer bowl, combine cake mix, pudding mix, 1/2 cup of rum, oil, eggs, and 1/2 cup cream of coconut. Beat on medium speed 2 minutes.
- 3Stir in pineapple and crushed nuts(to taste).
- 4Bake in a 10" tube pan for 50-55 minutes. Cool slightly.
- 5Remove from pan. With a table knife or skewer, poke holes about 1" apart in cake from top to almost the bottom. Combine the remaining cream of coconut and rum. Pour over cake.
- 6Chill thoroughly.
- 7Garnish with whipped cream, pineapple chunks, cherries and/or toasted coconut if desired.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Grandma's Rum Cake
Serving Size: 1 (171 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 488.4
- Calories from Fat 207
- Total Fat 23.0 g
- Saturated Fat 9.2 g
- Cholesterol 85.6 mg
- Sodium 547.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 58.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 38.6 g
- Protein 6.0 g