Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This little cake is packed full of a lot of Island taste, coconut, rum, pineapple and macadamia nuts, how can that combination be anything but good? All we need are the Island music and cool winds! Didn't allow for cooling or chilling time.
- 1 (18 1/2 ounce) package yellow cake mix
- 1 (3 3/4 ounce) package vanilla instant pudding mix
- 1 (15 ounce) Coco Lopez
- 1⁄2 cup bacardi white plus rum
- 2 tablespoons bacardi white plus rum
- 1⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 4 eggs
- 1 (8 ounce) can crushed pineapple, well drained
- 2 -3 tablespoons crushed toasted macadamia nuts, to taste (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- In large mixer bowl, combine cake mix, pudding mix, 1/2 cup of rum, oil, eggs, and 1/2 cup cream of coconut. Beat on medium speed 2 minutes.
- Stir in pineapple and crushed nuts(to taste).
- Bake in a 10" tube pan for 50-55 minutes. Cool slightly.
- Remove from pan. With a table knife or skewer, poke holes about 1" apart in cake from top to almost the bottom. Combine the remaining cream of coconut and rum. Pour over cake.
- Chill thoroughly.
- Garnish with whipped cream, pineapple chunks, cherries and/or toasted coconut if desired.