Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
This recipe is a wonderful sidedish to almost any meat. Leftovers are great too!
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄2 yellow onion, chopped
- 2 cups Minute Rice
- 2 cups fine egg noodles
- 2 cups boiling water
- 4 teaspoons chicken bouillon (4 cubes)
- lemon pepper
- In a frying pan, melt butter.
- Sautee onion until golden.
- Add rice and noodles and sautee until golden.
- Add bouillon to boiling water, and add to pan.
- Stir to mix well.
- Make sure it is boiling, and then reduce heat to low and cover for 30 minutes.
- Add lemon pepper to taste.
Thank your Grandmother for a wonderful, simple side dish. Sort of like a rice-a-roni but better!
This is one of those easy recipes using simple ingredients that turns out to be a great little dish! We really enjoyed this. Thanks, SF Girl, for sharing. I can't wait to make it again.