Prep 15 mins
Cook 2 hrs 40 mins
My good friend shared this recipe of her Grandmother's with me. I am really picky about my bbq sauce... I'll never worry again now that I have this recipe. The ribs are so tender they fall apart and the sauce is just... ohhh... I can't wait for dinner tonight! I hope you all enjoy. Thanks Bridget!
- 4 lbs boneless pork ribs (or with bone)
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon celery seed
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1 cup catsup
- 2 cups water
- 1 onion (sliced)
- 3 drops Tabasco sauce
- Preheat oven to 450F degrees.
- Place ribs on a wire rack in oven for 20 minutes.
- While ribs are cooking in the oven, combine all other ingredients in large sauce pan and bring to a boil. Cover and let simmer.
- Flip ribs and cook for additional 20 minutes.
- Turn oven temp down to 350F degrees. Pour 1/3-1/2 of sauce over ribs. Cover pork with foil and cook for an additional 2 hours.
- Check to see if you can cut with a fork. If you can then they are done!
- Serve ribs with leftover sauce. Best if served with fresh, warm, homemade dinner rolls.
- :) :) DON'T FORGET SOME NAPKINS! :) :).
- I'll post a recipe for the rolls -- check back.
There are no words to describe how amazing these are!!!!!!! Awesome recipe!!!!!! Family and friends LOVE this recipe and the ribs turn out perfect everytime. Thank you!
Excellent! I only had 2 lbs of pork rib, so I reduced the final cook time by 1/2 hour. Maybe that's why it was a little dry in the middle. The rest was outstanding, and the sauce was delicious. Just the right amount of zing!
Thanks Bridget! Thanks Heather.. Thanks little Piggy that we ate for din-din last night.. hahaha