Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
One of many treasured recipes I found in my Grandma's recipe box. It's easy to make and tickles the taste buds.
- 1 cup sugar
- 3⁄4 cup flour, divided
- 3⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 4 cups chopped rhubarb (fresh or frozen)
- 3⁄4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄3 cup margarine, melted
- In bowl combine sugar, 1 T flour and cinnamon.
- Add rhubarb; toss.
- Place in a greased 9x13 inch baking dish.
- In bowl combine brown sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and remaining flour; stir in butter.
- Sprinkle over rhubarb.
- Bake in preheated 350 degree oven for 40 minutes or until rhubarb is tender.
Made just as written and enjoyed it very much!
This was great with the perfect sweet/tang mix. As another reviewer suggested, I added about 1/2 cup quick oatmeal to the topping mixture. I also threw in a few strawberries that needed to be used. It was gone in a flash with these rhubarb-eating guys around here!
Since I did not read the recipe properly, I added waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too much butter. It ended up all runny and gross. Word of advice, make sure you follow the recipe exactly. I think if I made it again, I would put oats or something in it to make the top crunchy. Though, I might just start with less butter :P