2 hrs 10 mins
My Grandmother always had these on hand whenever we would come to visit. We always gobbled them up. I never truly appreciated them tho, until I finally was given the recipe and realized the TIME that went into them. I recommend making the filling one day and the cookies the next.. just saves you that much time. I also like to just underbake a hair... I'll probably be strung and hung for sharing her recipe..:)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Raisin Mixture: Soak raisins in hot water.
- 2When plumb and soft, drain water and grind.
- 3Put in saucepan and add sugar, salt, and water.
- 4Mix the flour with just enough water to make smooth paste, then add to raisin mixture.
- 5Let come to boil, then set off to cool.
- 6Cookie: In large mixing bowl, cream together butter& sugar.
- 7Beat in eggs.
- 8Add milk and vanilla.
- 9Mix until well blended.
- 10Combine dry ingredients together and add to butter mixture.
- 11Roll out onto flour surface to about 1/4 inch thickness.
- 12Cut with round cutter.
- 13Lay on cookie sheet, and add 1 Tablespoon (about) ground raisin mixture to each cookie.
- 14Top with another round cookie, pinch sides together.
- 15Bake@ 350 8-10 minutes or until just starting to brown.
Browse Our Top Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Grandma's Raisin Filled Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (3615 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 318.2
- Calories from Fat 78
- Total Fat 8.7 g
- Saturated Fat 5.2 g
- Cholesterol 41.9 mg
- Sodium 334.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 57.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 36.3 g
- Protein 3.9 g