Recipe by SemperFidelis9a
This is the recipe my grandmother used for her pumpkin pie. It doesn't contain any nutmeg and is my all-time favorite pumpkin pie. Please note that this recipe is for two (2) pies' worth of filling.
- 4 eggs
- 1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin puree (I don't know that is the proper measurement of oz. It's whatever the regular can of libby's pumpkin )
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup white sugar
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 3⁄4 teaspoon ginger
- 2 tablespoons flour, heaping
- 2 cups milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Beat eggs then mix with pumpkin in a large bowl.
- In a separate bowl, sift together sugar, flour, spices, and salt. (I usually don't sift the brown sugar because it's a pain.).
- Add flour mixture to pumpkin mixture and mix until combined.
- Add milk and mix until combined.
- Divide mixture between two 9" pie crusts/pans.
- Bake for 10 minutes at 425 degrees then turn oven to 350 degrees and continuing baking for roughly one hour. (Grandma's advice: "I just let mine puff clear up; if it's about an hour I figure they are done.").
- NOTE: If you are concerned about the crust of your pie getting too brown, use some aluminium foil around the edges of the crust to keep it from getting too brown.