Cook1 hr 10 mins
The best pumpkin pie ever! In loving memory of Grandma Mary from Rome, New York. We miss you Grandma!
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Mix the pumpkin, sugar and spices together first.
- Add the slightly beaten eggs.
- Add the milk slowly.
- Place two crusts into two separate 9 inch pie pans. You can create the pie crust from stratch or use a box mix in the baking section.
- Distribute the pumpkin mix equally between the two pie pans.
- Wrap the crust with 1 1/2 inch pieces of cloth or foil to keep it from burning. Alternately, use one of those pie shields.
- Place into the preheated heated oven at 450 for 10 minutes.
- Turn thermostat back to 350 degrees and bake for up to 1 hour.
- Test doneness by placing a knife into the center – it should come out clean.