Recipe by Super San Mateo Chefs
The best pumpkin pie ever! In loving memory of Grandma Mary from Rome, New York. We miss you Grandma!
- 1 (29 ounce) can pumpkin
- 1 1⁄2 cups white sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 4 eggs, slightly beaten
- 3 cups milk (1 can evaporated milk 12 oz size plus additional water to make a total of 3 cups. Warm this slightly)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Mix the pumpkin, sugar and spices together first.
- Add the slightly beaten eggs.
- Add the milk slowly.
- Place two crusts into two separate 9 inch pie pans. You can create the pie crust from stratch or use a box mix in the baking section.
- Distribute the pumpkin mix equally between the two pie pans.
- Wrap the crust with 1 1/2 inch pieces of cloth or foil to keep it from burning. Alternately, use one of those pie shields.
- Place into the preheated heated oven at 450 for 10 minutes.
- Turn thermostat back to 350 degrees and bake for up to 1 hour.
- Test doneness by placing a knife into the center – it should come out clean.