Recipe by Heart 'N Soul
Dry cake mix makes this and easy recipe with flavorful results. I've tried this recipe in the form of cup cakes, sheet cake, bundt cake and mini loaves and all were exceptional! Cream cheese or cream cheese frosting go well, but they are just as good without! I found this recipe on the Grandma's Brand Molasses label.
Top Review by mandabears
wow, grandma makes a good pumpkin bread and easy. I love molasses and the combination with the pumpkin was really good. I used the mild stuff, but next time I will use Grandma's robust version. Good pumpkin bread, now will be our favorite recipe
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) boxdry yellow cake mix
- 1⁄3 cup molasses
- 4 eggs
- 1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄3 cup chopped nuts, plus (optional)
- 1⁄3 cup raisins or 1⁄3 cup additional chopped dates (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease 2, 8X4 inch loaf pans.
- Place first 6 ingredients into a large mixing bowl.
- Beat at medium speed for 2 minutes, scrapping sides.
- Pour into prepared pans.
- Bake until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean, about 45 minutes.