Recipe by ctflynn
My mom always made these for Christmas morning. Great treat to have after opening presents! They never last long in my house. The prep time is longer than one hour, because you have to allow the bread to rise. This can take 1-3 hours depending on how warm you keep it.
- 2 loaves frozen bread dough
- 3⁄4 cup butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon white corn syrup
- 1 tablespoon water
Directions See How It's Made
- Thaw bread dough without allowing to rise.
- Grease 9X13 pan.
- Tear one loaf into pieces, covering the bottom of the pan with the pieces.
- Heat butter, brown sugar, cinnamon, corn syrup and water in saucepan over low heat until butter has melted and sugar has dissolved.
- Pour mix over bread dough in pan.
- Tear second loaf, evenly distributing pieces in pan.
- Let rise until dough reaches top of pan or little higher.
- Bake for 30 minutes at 375 (Check for darkness).
- Let cool for 15 minutes.
- Turn out onto waxed paper.