Recipe by Chef Sunshine
Yummy! This soup is so amazing. It is even better the next day. I just can't get enough of it and you won't either!!!
- 3 large baking potatoes, cooked, peeled and cubed
- 1⁄4 cup yellow sweet onion, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup carrot, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup celery, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 6 slices bacon
- 4 cups milk
- 4 tablespoons flour
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Fry bacon until crisp reserving 2 tablespoons drippings in skillet and set aside.
- Over medium heat, sauté onions, garlic, carrots, and celery in bacon drippings until tender.
- Prepare a roux of flour and butter in soup pot.
- Add salt, pepper and milk.
- Stir constantly with a wire whisk over medium heat.
- When slightly thickened add vegetables. Cover and heat through.
- Top with shredded cheddar cheese.