1/1 Photo of Grandma's Potato Salad
1 hr 30 mins
1 hr 30 mins
This is my maternal grandmother's recipe for potato salad. She grew up in Arkansas during the Depression. I love this recipe, it reminds me of good family times together. And, well, BACON!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Hardboil the eggs. Let cool, peel, cut in half and scoop out the yolks into a bowl. Chop the whites finely and put in a large bowl.
- 2Peel and chop the potatoes into bite-size pieces. Boil in well-salted water until tender. Cool, then add the potatoes to the bowl with the egg whites.
- 3Peel and chop the onions, finely. Mix with the entire jar of pickle relish and add to potato mixture.
- 4Fry the entire pound of bacon until crispy, then crumble or chop. Add to potato mixture.
- 5Mix the egg yolks and Miracle Whip until smooth, then blend into potato mixture.
- 6Add salt and pepper to taste.
- 7Store in refrigerator until ready to eat. Usually best prepared the day before you intend to serve it.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Grandma's Potato Salad
Serving Size: 1 (401 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 717.2
- Calories from Fat 357
- Total Fat 39.6 g
- Saturated Fat 11.5 g
- Cholesterol 237.0 mg
- Sodium 1343.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 72.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.8 g
- Sugars 8.3 g
- Protein 19.4 g