Recipe by Mysterygirl
This is a very old family recipe. These are light - kind of taste like a cross between a potato pancake and a doughnut. Could also be served with powdered sugar instead of the syrup if you wanted. Just plain, old-fashioned German comfort food.
- 1 cup leftover mashed potatoes
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs, separated
- maple syrup
Directions See How It's Made
- Beat egg yolks until creamy.
- Add mashed potatoes and mix well.
- Sift flour, salt and baking powder.
- Add flour mixture to potatoes.
- Beat egg whites until stiff.
- Fold egg whites into mixture.
- Drop by teaspoonfuls into hot grease or oil.
- Serve with syrup while hot.