1/1 Photo of Grandma's Penuche Frosting
This was my Grandmother's recipe. It was on a handwritten note inside her "school" cookbook. She made this often. It has been and will continue to be a family favorite. This is real good on chocolate cake.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Melt butter in a large saucepan.
- 2Add brown sugar and bring to a boil.
- 3continue cooking for 1 minute until thickens.
- 4Let set 15 minutes.
- 5Mix in hot milk.
- 6Add powdered sugar gradually till spreading consisitancy.
- 7If it gets too thick add a little milk.
Browse Our Top Cake Fillings and Frostings Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cake Fillings and Frostings Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Grandma's Penuche Frosting
Serving Size: 1 (395 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1682.2
- Calories from Fat 848
- Total Fat 94.2 g
- Saturated Fat 59.6 g
- Cholesterol 252.5 mg
- Sodium 769.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 217.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 211.7 g
- Protein 2.9 g