Recipe by LisaCooks
My Grandma and Mom made these cookies often when I was growing up and I have been making them for my kids for 20 years! I have tried many other peanut butter cookie recipes, but this one is still our favorite. Crispy, but a light texture . . . they almost melt in your mouth!
- 236.59 ml softened butter
- 236.59 ml creamy peanut butter
- 236.59 ml sugar
- 236.59 ml brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 236.59 ml carnation powdered milk
- 591.47 ml flour
- 4.92 ml baking powder
- 7.39 ml baking soda
- 2.46 ml salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Cream butter and peanut together in a large bowl.
- Add sugars and eggs, mix well.
- Sift together dry milk, flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt, stir into butter mixture.
- Let dough stand 15 minutes.
- Roll into balls, about the size of a walnut and place on a slightly greased baking sheet.
- Flatten with a fork, dipped in flour, criss-cross fashion.
- Bake at 375 degress for 10-12 minutes.
- Watch closely and remove when tops just start to brown.
- Wait about 5 minutes before removing from baking sheet. Cool on racks.