Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
From her cookbook!
Make and share this Grandma's Peanut Brittle recipe from Food.com.
- In a heavy 2 quart saucepan, over medium heat, bring to a boil sugar, vanilla and water.
- Stir until sugar is dissolved.
- Stir in peanuts.
- Set candy thermometer in place, and continue cooking. Stir frequently until temperature reaches 300 degrees F (150 degrees C), or until hardens when dropped in water.
- Remove from heat; immediately stir in baking soda.
- Pour immediately onto cookie sheet.
- Lift and pull peanut mixture( I do this with 2 forks) into rectangle about 14x12 inches.
- Let cool.
- Snap candy into pieces.
I followed your directions exactly. Waiting for the candy thermometer to reach 300 degrees. It was looking beautiful! Then all of a sudden it turned to dust! So now I have candied peanuts. :(