Recipe by Cat Hale
I had some peaches going bad, and decided to take a dive in the box with grandma's recipe cards. I found this lovely recipe. Very sweet, but very good!
Top Review by Eliz W.
I have this same recipe from my grandmother only less sugar. Only 1 cup. 1/2 on peachs the other 1/2 in the batter. You can also add blueberries along with the peaches for a variation. Easy to make and a crowd pleaser.
- 2 cups of sliced peaches
- 2 cups sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 3⁄4 cup flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 pinch salt
- 3⁄4 cup milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix peaches with 1 cup sugar.
- Put butter in a deep square cake pan and set in the preheating oven (350F).
- Stir up batter of the remaining sugar, flour, baking powder, salt and milk.
- Pour the batter over the melted butter, do NOT stir.
- Put the peaches on top and bake for an hour until golden brown.