Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Old fashioned pea salad, this is my Mawmaws recipe, the only thing I added is the cheese! It's a regular on our table. Enjoy!
- 2 (15 ounce) cans sweet peas, drained
- 1⁄2 onion, chopped
- 3 hard-boiled eggs
- 4 ounces cheese, cubed (I like sharp or American)
- 1 (12 ounce) jar dill pickle relish
- 4 tablespoons pickle juice
- 3 -4 tablespoons Hellmann's mayonnaise
- salt & pepper
- 1 dash Tony Chachere's Seasoning
- Empty drained peas into a bowl.
- Combine all ingredients, stirring well.
- Mixture should be creamy; add more mayo if needed.
- Chill 1 hour before serving.
- Can be made a day in advance.
Great salad similar to one my Mom made - she used canned peas and carrots but I followed this recipe with the exception of using sweet relish instead of dill pickle relish. I love Tony Cachere's seasoning. It is a good side dish to any meal. Lovely addition to my recipes thank's s'kat