Recipe by Oolala
I found this recipe in with my Grandmother's electric mixer (the one that was Kosher for Passover)! Good way to use up some the extra Passover wine.
- 8 eggs, separated
- 1 1⁄4 cups sugar
- 1⁄4 cup wine (probably Concord grape)
- 3⁄4 cup walnuts, chopped
- 3⁄4 cup cake crumbs, for Passover
- 2 tablespoons potato starch
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 lemon rind, grated
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl, beat egg whites, add sugar.
- Beat yolks in different bowl and add wine.
- Then add the yolk mixture to the whites mixture.
- Add the flour through a sifter and add cinnamon, nuts and the grated lemon rind. Mix well.
- Put in a baking pan and bake at 375 degrees F. for 1 hour.