Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
Similar yet different to others posted here. I found this in my Grandmother's Passover electric mixer box.
- 6 large eggs, separated
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 4 tablespoons cocoa
- 3⁄4 cup cake crumbs, crumbs for Passover
- 1⁄4 cup concord grape wine
- 1 orange, juice and rind of, grated
- Sift all dry ingredients into a bowl and set aside.
- Beat egg whites with sugar in a large bowl.
- Beat yolks well with wine in yet another bowl.
- Add the yolks to the whites and fold in the sifted ingredients and mix.
- Add the juice of the orange and the grated rind.
- Bake at 325 degrees F. for 1 hour.