Recipe by Ravenn2
This has been in the family for a while, don't know were it came from, was just passed around and around for 50yrs or more..lol.. i have tried a lot of other recipes but this one is still the best . you get thick cake pancakes and they rise very well we measured once and they were up to 3/4 in thick. This is a very plain recipe sometime i omit the vanilla and/or add fruit and or nuts.. If the batter is a little thicker than you like it , just add more milk, just be careful not to add to much ad they will not rise as much and be more like a flapjack(thin and chewy).
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt, can use reg or 2 teaspoons substitute salt
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons baking powder, and
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 1⁄2 cups milk
- 2 eggs
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons vanilla (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup fruit (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup nuts (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- 1. In a bowl, mix well or even sift together flour,salt and sugar, baking
- powder, .
- 2. after dry ingredients are mixed make a deep hole in the center, set aside.
- 3. take the milk, egg and melted butter and blend together.
- 4. Take the milk mixture and pour in the middle of the dry ingredients
- make sure your batter is completely mixed together.
- 5. Heat a lite greased griddle ,medium heat. make sure your pan is hot.
- BEFORE pouring the batter.
- 6. Ladle out the batter to the pan, depending on the size of cakes you
- want to use a 1/4- 1/2c for each pancake.
- 7. top with your favorite topping and serve immediately.
- 8. ENJOY.