1/2 Photos of Grandma's Pancakes
This has been in the family for a while, don't know were it came from, was just passed around and around for 50yrs or more..lol.. i have tried a lot of other recipes but this one is still the best . you get thick cake pancakes and they rise very well we measured once and they were up to 3/4 in thick. This is a very plain recipe sometime i omit the vanilla and/or add fruit and or nuts.. If the batter is a little thicker than you like it , just add more milk, just be careful not to add to much ad they will not rise as much and be more like a flapjack(thin and chewy).
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt, can use reg or 2 teaspoons substitute salt
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons baking powder, and
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 1/2 cups milk
- 2 eggs
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons vanilla (optional)
- 1/2 cup fruit (optional)
- 1/2 cup nuts (optional)
- 11. In a bowl, mix well or even sift together flour,salt and sugar, baking
- 2powder, .
- 32. after dry ingredients are mixed make a deep hole in the center, set aside.
- 43. take the milk, egg and melted butter and blend together.
- 54. Take the milk mixture and pour in the middle of the dry ingredients
- 6make sure your batter is completely mixed together.
- 75. Heat a lite greased griddle ,medium heat. make sure your pan is hot.
- 8BEFORE pouring the batter.
- 96. Ladle out the batter to the pan, depending on the size of cakes you
- 10want to use a 1/4- 1/2c for each pancake.
- 117. top with your favorite topping and serve immediately.
- 128. ENJOY.
Browse Our Top High Calcium Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Grandma's Pancakes
Serving Size: 1 (82 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 163.9
- Calories from Fat 58
- Total Fat 6.5 g
- Saturated Fat 3.8 g
- Cholesterol 40.0 mg
- Sodium 442.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 21.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 1.6 g
- Protein 4.5 g