Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is a great quick and easy recipe that everybody loves. It is a sure crowd pleaser and easy on the budget. You can adapt it to suit any one. Just a great recipe all around.
- 8 ounces spaghetti noodles (uncooked)
- 1 (64 ounce) can tomato juice
- 1⁄2 cup ketchup
- 1 -1 1⁄2 lb hamburger meat
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 8 ounces fresh mushrooms
- Start by browning the hamburger with the onion, green pepper and mushrooms. ( I use a lid to get the peppers and onions soft).
- Next, after the meat is brown, the onion and green peppers are soft and the mushrooms have cooked, add the ketchup and tomato juice.
- Break your spaghetti noodles into thirds, add and stir GENTLY into the sauce.
- Cover and cook stirring about ever 5-10 minutes for about 30-45 minutes, or until the noodles are done.
- HINT: You may want to start off by not using all the tomato juice from the can. I usually find that the more noodles you use the more juice you need. I like mine filled with noodles so I always use much more.
A easy and tasty spaghetti dish. Tasted just as good reheated the next day. Made as written. Thanks Justgettin'started Bullwinkle.