1/11 Photos of Grandma's Old Fashioned Oatmeal Cookies
I have the pleasure of reading and translating my gran's recipes - written in German some of them are difficult to translate - and then to take them from the era of lard and bacon grease to a healthier you - well here's one that came out great !! enjoy...
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat oven to 350°F - you will need 3 baking sheets lined with parchment paper (again the parchment keeps the cookie from burning and makes clean up faster).
- 2Whisk together flour, baking powder, soda and salt.
- 3Beat together with mixer at low speed - butter and sugar until the sugar granules are not visible. Increase speed and beat 1 minute longer, scrape sides as needed and add egg, beat another 30 seconds. Add flour mixture 1/3 at a time and incorporate well over med speed until mixture is smooth. Add oatmeal and stir into the dough using your rubber spatula.
- 4Divide into 24 equal portions and bake for 13 to 16 minutes placing only one cookie sheet in the oven at a time and rotating the cookie sheet half way through your cooking time -- these are the best and the thinnest cookies and very crispy.
Browse Our Top Rolled Cookies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Rolled Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Grandma's Old Fashioned Oatmeal Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (35 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 24
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 154.8
- Calories from Fat 67
- Total Fat 7.5 g
- Saturated Fat 4.4 g
- Cholesterol 25.5 mg
- Sodium 42.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 20.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 10.6 g
- Protein 1.9 g