Recipe by bullwinkle
This isn't my Grandmother's recipe. I have had it over 10 years and don't remember where I got the recipe. I am guessing at the time it takes to make this.
Top Review by Bev
This is a wonderful creamy rich oatmeal. The additions of both granular sugar and the brown sugar give it's sweet flavor, while using evaporated milk adds the creaminess. I enjoyed it very much and will make again. Thank you, Bullwinkle : )
- 2 1⁄2 cups water
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups dry oatmeal
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 (5 ounce) can evaporated milk
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring the 2 1/2 cups water to a boil.
- Then add the salt.
- While stirring constantly, gradually add the oatmeal.
- Continue to stir the oatmeal and add the sugar and cinnamon.
- Cook 1 minute and add the evaporated milk.
- After adding the evaporated milk reheat to boiling.
- Pour oatmeal in a serving dish and top with the butter and brown sugar.