Recipe by Kanutell
This is a wonderfully rich and creamy tomato soup with a hint of sweetness to it. It tastes just like grandma used to make when things were truly homemade and from scratch. The chunks of tomatoes can either be left alone or pureed into the soup if you prefer a smooth texture.
Directions See How It's Made
- Place tomatoes and juice in a stockpot over medium heat.
- Simmer for 30 minutes.
- Puree the tomato mixture at this point if you don't want it chunky. I usually puree part but still leave a fair amount of chunks.
- Place the pot over medium heat and stir in the heavy cream and butter. Season with salt and pepper.
- Heat, stirring until butter is melted. Do NOT boil.
- Serve with croutons or stir-ins of your choice.