Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
I have not tried this recipe. I got this recipe from Food Network from Rachael Ray's $40 a Day.
- 4 large garlic cloves, minced
- 88.74 ml olive oil
- 59.14 ml diced onion
- 78.07 ml diced scallion
- 118.29 ml diced celery
- 29.58 ml diced green bell peppers
- 29.58 ml diced red bell peppers
- 29.58 ml white wine
- 453.59 g lump crabmeat, drained
- 118.29 ml seasoned bread crumbs
- 118.29 ml grated parmesan cheese
- 29.58 ml lemon juice
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 29.58 ml chopped fresh parsley leaves
- 9.85 ml Dijon mustard
- 4.92 ml seafood seasoning (recommended -- Old Bay Seasoning)
- 2.46 ml salt
- 1.23 ml fresh ground black pepper
- 3 hamburger buns
- tomatoes, sliced for garnish
- lettuce, for garnish
- 1 lemon, cut into wedges for garnish
- 473.18 ml remoulade sauce
- 473.18 ml mayonnaise
- 44.37 ml green sweet relish
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 9.85 ml capers
- 14.79 ml anchovy paste
- 4.92 ml Dijon mustard
- 14.79 ml lemon juice
- 2.46 ml Worcestershire sauce
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- In a medium skillet over medium heat, cook the garlic in 3 tablespoons of the olive oil until lightly browned, about 5 minutes. Add the onion, scallions, celery and peppers and cook until soft, about 5 more minutes. Add the wine and simmer for 1 minute, then remove the pan from the heat. Transfer the mixture to a large bowl. Add the crabmeat and mix well. Add the bread crumbs, Parmesan, lemon juice, eggs, parsley, mustard, seasoning, salt, and pepper, and mix well. Line a cookie sheet with waxed paper. Divide the crab mixture into 6 patties.
- In a large skillet, heat the remaining olive oil and cook the crab cakes until fully cooked and lightly browned, about 3 to 4 minutes per side. Serve 2 crab cakes per hamburger bun, with tomato slices, lettuce, lemon wedges, and Remoulade sauce on the side.
- Remoulade Sauce:
- In a medium bowl, combine all the ingredients and mix well. Season, to taste, with salt and pepper. It is best to refrigerate for several hours to allow the flavors to marry.
- This recipe was provided by professional chefs and has been scaled down from a bulk recipe provided by a restaurant. The Food Network Kitchens chefs have not tested this recipe, in the proportions indicated, and therefore, we cannot make any representation as to the results.