Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
These are the best, chewiest, chocolatest, brownies ever!!!
Make and share this Grandma's Old Fashioned Brownies recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 1⁄4 cup cocoa
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 3⁄4 cup flour
- 1⁄2 cup walnuts (optional)
- 1 pinch salt
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Melt butter in microwave.
- Add the cocoa and stir.
- In medium bowl beat eggs until frothy.
- Add sugar, flour, and salt (also nuts if you are using them).
- Pour cocoa mixture over egg mixture and stir all together.
- Put into a greased 8 x 8 pan. Bake for 30 minutes.
- For a doubled recipe use a 9 x 13 pan.
- Icing, recipe below.
- Icing for Best Ever Brownies:
- 1 1/3 cup icing sugar.
- 1/3 cup cocoa.
- 3 tbsp butter or margarine.
- 1 tbsp & 2 tsp hot water
- Beat all ingredients together, add more liquid if necessary.
- Spread over brownies.
These are incredibly good!! I make two changes to the recipe. First, I make my brownies gluten free using Pamela's Baking & Pancake Mix instead of flour. Lastly, I use a 4oz dark chocolate bar (Ghiradelli, 60-100% cacao) and melt it with the stick of butter with a double boiler on the stove. They are incredible. I usually top them with whipped cream and raspberries. Almost tastes like a chocolate cake.
Just made these brownies and they're delish! (: They are lovely and gooey which i think is the best part of brownies. I might try them with a bar of chocolate next time (: Thanks for this recipe. x
Yum! rich and chocolately but all so good. Hit the spot!! They were so moist too. I lefted the walnuts out cause I didn't have any on hand. Thanks so much for sharing this delicious brownie recipe.