Top Review by RedhairMac
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour, sifted
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 3⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup shortening
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon water, hot
- 1 cup nuts, chopped (optional)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla or 1 teaspoon artificial vanilla flavoring
- 1 -2 package chocolate chips (not chocolate flavored)
- 2 cups oatmeal
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- In large mixing bowl add the sugar, eggs and shortening. Blend together.
- Slowly add the flour, salt and baking soda and mix well.
- Add the water, vanilla and chocolate chips and mix.
- Add oatmeal and mix until all ingredients are blended together.
- Using a spoon, drop dough onto cookie sheet. Bake for 8-10 minutes or until cookies appear a golden brown. Repeat until all dough is used.
- The size of the spoon will determine the size of the cookie.