Sweet Diva's Note:
From www.TopSecretRecipes.com. I think these taste even better than the Grandma's brand I use to buy as a teenager at convenience stores - same taste, but much fresher because it is homemade!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Combine raisins with water in a food processor and blend on high speed for about 1 minute or until very smooth.
- 3Combine this raisin puree with the vegetable shortening, egg, brown sugar and vanilla in a large bowl.
- 4Mix well with electric mixer until smooth.
- 5In a separate bowl, combine the flour with the oats, baking soda, cinnamon and salt. Pour this dry mixture into the wet mixture and mix well until ingredients are incorporated.
- 6Mix in raisins.
- 7Roll 3 tablespoon portions of the dough into a ball in your hands and press to 1/2-inch flat on an ungreased baking sheet.
- 8Bake for 9-11 minutes.
- 9Be careful not to overcook, or the cookies will not be chewy.
- 10Store in a sealed container.
Browse Our Top Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Grandma's Oatmeal Raisin Big Cookies by Todd Wilbur
Serving Size: 1 (65 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 272.2
- Calories from Fat 69
- Total Fat 7.7 g
- Saturated Fat 2.1 g
- Cholesterol 11.6 mg
- Sodium 314.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 47.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.1 g
- Sugars 25.4 g
- Protein 4.3 g