Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
My grandma's recipe for cookies that are always a hit. My grandma was one of the best cooks I have ever known; she taught me much of what I know about cooking. I love her and still miss her.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cream shortening or margarine and sugars.
- Mix in eggs and vanilla.
- Sift flour, salt, and soda, and fold into creamed mixture. (I like to plump my raisins before adding them. If you do, do not sift the flour.).
- Fold in oats, nuts, raisins, and coconut.
- Drop by spoonful or scoop onto cookie sheet.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes or until golden brown.