Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
A recipe passed down, it's an "Oldie but a Goodie"!! A great vegetarian recipe for a potluck or family dinner.
- 1 cup quick oats
- 1 (2 1/2 ounce) packet onion soup mix
- 1 cup cottage cheese
- 2 eggs
- 3 tablespoons wheat germ
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons sage (Italian seasoning can substitute)
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can mushroom soup
- 2⁄3 cup water
- Mix all ingredients together (except mushroom soup and water).
- Form into patties.
- Fry in a little oil until golden brown.
- Place in cooking sprayed 9 x 13-inch pan.
- Cover with Mushroom Sauce.
- Bake at 350F for 40 minutes.
- MUSHROOM SAUCE:.
- mushroom soup.
I thought these were awesome!! To the gravy mix I added some vegetarian powdered broth and a sprinkling of cayenne pepper and chili pepper. I served this with mashed potatoes and ginger carrots and loved every bite!
This recipe is great! it was super easy and it was my first time trying to make a homeade meatless burger and i give it five stars because it hit the spot and was a very quick last minute meal. the only changes i made was using fatfree plain yogurt and mozzarela cheeze in place of the cottage chesse becasuse that was all i had on hand. thanks for the recipe