Prep 1 hr 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
These are wonderful rolls, especially when you slather them with butter. Even I can make these and I don't consider making bread as one of my specialities. My aunt and I compete at Christmas dinner to see who can eat the most. I'm not revealing my record. :)
- Dissolve yeast in the lukewarm water.
- Sift together flour, salt and sugar.
- Cut in lard.
- Add yeast and water.
- Mix until well blended and keep mixing until dough forms elastic strands.
- Place dough in a greased bowl.
- Cover and allow to rise 30 minutes.
- Place dough on a floured board, smooth gently with your hands and roll out to desired thickness.
- Cut out (and shape, if desired. I usually cut them out with a drinking glass then fold the dough in half.).
- Place rolls in a greased pan.
- Cover and allow to rise in a warm place for 45 minutes.
- Brush with butter and bake at 450 degrees for 15 minutes.
I must have done something wrong. they were a complete failure for me. Sounded good though lol
Easy and delicious! I didn't roll these out; I wet my hands with water and formed them into balls by hand and put them in cake pans to bake. My family LOVED these. I will be making them again.
These were so easy to make. Didn't take as long as I thought it would. I know wished I would of made a double batch. I will be making these again. My family loved them. My husband is telling me I have to make more tomorrow. Thanks for the great recipe.