Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
This recipe is from a cookbook I got and it is from England. The recipe is from the 1800's.
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 cup shortening (minus 1 Tbsp)
- 1⁄2 cup molasses
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon clove
- 1 cup seeded raisins
- 1⁄2 cup pecans, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup hot water
- Heat oven to 350 and oil 8" cake pan.
- Combine all ingredients, except the hot water, mix well.
- Add hot water, batter will be thin.
- Blend well and pour into pan.
- Bkae 35 minutes.