Recipe by starryangel777
My Grandma used to make these every year for Christmas, and I thought I had lost the recipe but my mom found it the other day, so I thought I sould post it so I never lose it again!
Top Review by CarrolJ
I'm wondering if the reason other chefs haven't tried this recipe is because of the title. Well I'm here to tell you that these are addictively good! Almost a cross between a bar cookie and candy. Very rich and delicious! I knew it was going to be good when I couldn't stop eating the mix for the base and top. It was so good unbaked...but got even better after baking. What could be bad tasting with chocolate chips, sweetened condensed milk and butter! Definitely not for those watching their weight...but the rest of us can enjoy indeed. Made for PAC Spring 2013.
- 1 cup oleo
- 1 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 cups oatmeal
- 1⁄2 cup oleo
- 1 (12 ounce) package chocolate chips
- 1 cup eagle brand sweetened condensed milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Cream together oleo and brown sugar, then add flour, salt, baking soda and oatmeal. Mix until it is crumbly. Put 1/2 the mixture into a greased 9x13 baking pan.
- Melt 1 stick of oleo, chocolate chips and sweetened condensed milk together. Stir until smooth.
- Pour chocolate mixture over oatmeal mixture, then drop spoonfuls of the rest of the oatmeal mixture on top. Bake at 350 for 25 minutes.