Recipe by litldarlin
This is my all time favorite dish, that my Grandmother served in her restaurant. She would serve this with real mashed potatoes and creamed corn.
Top Review by HeatherFeather
My search is over for the perfect easy meatloaf. Excellent flavor.. I think the Worcestershire really does the trick. I used red onion for the grated onion, which I grated on the finest grating blade. I only had 1 cup of breadcrumbs, so I used cracker crumbs for the remaining cup. This makes 2 meatloaves, about 8 slices each loaf.
- 2 lbs ground chuck
- 4 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 cup grated onion
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- 2 cups breadcrumbs
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup tomato juice (for topping) or 1 cup ketchup (for topping)
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix everything together very well and shape into 2 loaves.
- You can either pour the tomato juice or ketchup on top before baking, or apply the sauce to the top of the meat loaf 10 minutes before it is done.
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 45 minutes to 1 hour or until done.
- Makes 2 loaves.