Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is a recipe my mother got from her grandmother who was 1st-generation Sicilian. I've altered it a bit by using sauce from the jar but the main parts of the recipe are intact. There is a bit of prep time but it cooks fairly quickly and tastes wonderful with some garlic bread, a salad, and some light red wine. Also, to make the pasta easier to fill you can use a pastry bag or just cut the end off a ziplock bag.
- 226.79 g ground beef
- 226.79 g Italian sausage
- 453.59 g mushroom, sliced
- 14 manicotti noodles
- 236.59 ml mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 236.59 ml parmesan cheese, shredded
- 236.59 ml ricotta cheese
- 236.59 ml mayonnaise
- 453.59 g jar spaghetti sauce (You may want to use 2 jars)
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- oregano (fresh if possible)
- olive oil
- Saute mushrooms and garlic in olive oil until tender.
- Add ground beef and sausage and brown.
- Boil manicotti noodles according to pkg directions, being careful not to overcook. Aldente is best.
- Preheat oven to 400°F (350 F @ Sea level).
- In large bowl combine mayonnaise, mozzarella, ricotta, 1/2 Parmesan, and ground beef mixture.
- Stuff manicotti noodles with mixture and place in large glass baking dish. Cover with entire bottle of spaghetti sauce, remaining Parmesan, and oregano.
- Cover with foil and bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove foil and continue baking for 15 minutes or until bubbly.