Prep 15 mins
Cook 12 mins
I got this recipe from my grandma. These cookes do not last long around the house when I make them. Cooking time includes time to cook each sheet of cookies and not the whole batch.
- 1 cup shortening
- 1 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups M&M's plain chocolate candy
- Cream shortening, sugars, eggs, and vanilla thoroughly. Sift together flour, soda, and salt. Add dry ingredients gradually to creamed mixture. Mix well. Stir in 1/1/2 cups M&Ms. Reserve remaining candies for decorating.
- Drop by teaspoon on ungreased baking sheet. Decorate tops of cookies with remaining M&M's. Bake at 375 degrees for 10 to 12 minutes, or until brown. After baking, some of the candies may be slighly cracked. This adds texture and interest to your cookies. Makes about 6 dozen 2 1/2 inch cookies.
- If you use self-rising flour, omit soda and salt.
I made a batch of these cookies to take to my neighbors. They really liked them. And so did I, as they were easy and turned out great! Thanks for posting this!
I am so happy I re-found this recipe. My husband's favorite cookie is the M&M cookie. I had NO IDEA how to make it. Once I had made these it was a hit for our family and beyond! Not too hard, not too chewy. Exactly what I had been looking for ...THANKS SO MUCH!
These were very good! My DD replaced the brown sugar with Brown Sugar Splenda and used peanut butter M&M's candy.