Recipe by Rachel Lynn
I got this recipe from my grandma. These cookes do not last long around the house when I make them. Cooking time includes time to cook each sheet of cookies and not the whole batch.
- 1 cup shortening
- 1 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups M&M's plain chocolate candy
Directions See How It's Made
- Cream shortening, sugars, eggs, and vanilla thoroughly. Sift together flour, soda, and salt. Add dry ingredients gradually to creamed mixture. Mix well. Stir in 1/1/2 cups M&Ms. Reserve remaining candies for decorating.
- Drop by teaspoon on ungreased baking sheet. Decorate tops of cookies with remaining M&M's. Bake at 375 degrees for 10 to 12 minutes, or until brown. After baking, some of the candies may be slighly cracked. This adds texture and interest to your cookies. Makes about 6 dozen 2 1/2 inch cookies.
- If you use self-rising flour, omit soda and salt.