Recipe by ~Leanne~
This was and still is my mom's favorite cake while she was growing up. Everytime my mom comes to visit me I always have this made for her.
- 1 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 5 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 cup coconut
- 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts
Directions See How It's Made
- Beat eggs and add sugar until fluffy.
- Sift flour, salt and baking powder.
- Add to egg mixture and mix until well combined.
- Heat milk and butter to boiling point, add to batter and add vailla.
- Beat slightly.
- Pour into a greased 8x8 pan. Bake at 350 for 30 minutes.
- When done add topping right away.
- Mix brown sugar, milk, butter, coconut and nuts in a pot on stove until suagr has dissolved.
- Put on cake.
- Put back in the oven on broil until very light brown on the top.
- Remove from oven and cool completely before serving.