Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
My Grandma made this for most big family gatherings and now, it's my uncle's job! It looks best when you make it in a clear glass bowl so you can see all the layers... the number of servings depends on how much everyone likes it :)
- 1 head romaine lettuce, shredded
- 1 large bell pepper, finely chopped (green or red)
- 8 green onions, sliced
- 1 cup celery, sliced diagonally
- 6 hard-boiled eggs, sliced
- 1 (6 ounce) can water chestnuts, sliced
- 1 (10 ounce) can peas, drained
- 8 slices bacon, cooked, drained and crumbled
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- Layer first 7 ingredients in large clear salad bowl (in order!).
- Mix dressing ingredients and pour evenly over top of vegetables. Don’t toss!
- Sprinkle grated cheese and crumbled bacon on top of dressing. Seal with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight.
ZWT6: Refreshing layered salad!! We left off the water chestnuts though.
We loved loved loved this salad....I doubled it so I could give one to my DD and she is going to love it! Made for PAC fall 2012