Prep 25 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is the lasagna I grew up eating, and it is definitely my favorite. My half-Italian husband sneers at some of the ingredients, but it's really easy to make, and very tasty--and my husband always has seconds.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1⁄2 lb package lasagna noodle
- 1 cup cottage cheese (or ricotta)
- 1 packet sloppy joe seasoning mix
- 2 (8 ounce) cans tomato sauce or 1 (15 ounce) can tomato puree
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese, grated
- Note: I'm estimating on the amounts of noodles and cheese.
- The recipe says half a package of noodles, and 1 package of cheese.
- I buy the standard size box of noodles you get in the grocery store, and use however many noodles fit in the pan.
- I also buy pre-grated mozzarella.
- Sometimes I throw in some grated parmesan.
- Like any lasagna recipe, this one is adaptable.
- Brown ground beef.
- Add sloppy joe mix and tomato sauce.
- Boil noodles 8 minutes, according to package directions.
- In a casserole dish, layer meat sauce, noodles, cottage cheese, mozzarella, and meat sauce again.
- Repeat with remaining ingredients.
- Top with mozzarella.
- Bake for one hour at 375.