Prep 45 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is an old family recipe. This makes 2 huge lasagnas. Make one and freeze one or you can do what i do and split it into 4 smaller disposable foil pans and freeze them for when you just dont feel like cooking or cleaning up.
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 1 lb ground Italian sausage
- 1 large green bell pepper, diced
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3 stalks celery, diced
- 28 ounces diced tomatoes
- 15 ounces tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon fresh minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 lb lasagna noodle
- 2 lbs shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 (10 1/2 ounce) cans cream of mushroom soup
- red pepper flakes
- Brown beef together and sausage and drain.
- Add onions, bell pepper and celery, cook with meats until softened.
- Season mixture with garlic, oregano salt, pepper and red pepper flakes.
- Add diced tomatoes and tomato paste.
- Simmer mixture for 30 minutes.
- In the meantime, boil noodles in salted water and drain.
- Remove sauce from heat, stir in soup.
- Layer noodles,sauce and cheese.
- Bake in 350 degree oven for 25 minutes or cover with foil and freeze.
- 1 large lasanga will feed 6-8 people generously.
- Serve with salad and garlic bread.
Very good!!! I made it following the recipe and my DH loved it. I is a little different from traditional lasagna but very good.