1/2 Photos of Grandma's Kolacky Cookies
1 hr 20 mins
A cookie recipe given to me by my husband's Polish grandma (busia) that I have to double because they fly off the plate -- one recipe for them and one for me! My favorite Solo filling is Apricot, but any are wonderful.The pronounciation is "Kolatchkie", but I've never seen it spelled any other way than Kolacky! (Dough can be refrigerated and cookies frozen after making.)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cut butter into flour with two forks to resemble small peas, as you would pie crust. Stir in sour cream with serving spoon and mix well.
- 2Form into 2 balls and store, covered, in refrigerator to chill. Taking out one ball at a time, dust each with flour and roll on floured surface to approximately 1/8 thickness. (Note: If dough starts tearing, it may need more flour or to be chilled a bit more.).
- 3Cut with larger round cookie cutter or coffee cup, Fill center with approximately 1-2 teaspoons Solo, Bring up each side and pinch to close.
- 4Bake at 350 dg. for 12-15 minutes, until bottiom of cookie is just beginning to brown. Cool on wire racks then dust with powdered sugar. Enjoy!
Browse Our Top Rolled Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Grandma's Kolacky Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (830 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 805.6
- Calories from Fat 544
- Total Fat 60.5 g
- Saturated Fat 37.7 g
- Cholesterol 158.3 mg
- Sodium 506.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 57.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.0 g
- Sugars 1.0 g
- Protein 8.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
solo brand filling