Prep 2 hrs
Cook 10 mins
Very old polish recipe that my Grandmother made at Christmas time. Can use whatever type of preserves you wish. We usually use poppyseed, cherry, or apricot.
- 1⁄2 lb margarine
- 6 ounces cream cheese
- 1 3⁄4 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 whole eggs
- any flavor preserves
- Sift flour, baking powder.
- Cream butter and cream cheese.
- Add egg yolks and the sifted ingredients.
- Refrigerate 2 hours.
- Roll out dough on a floured board.
- Cut using a circular cookie cutter.
- The thinner the better.
- Put thumb print in each with favorite preserves.
- Bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 10 to 15 minutes.
wonderful light cookies...everybody loved it...yummy
This recipe would be perfect, I just changed two things... first, I put more than a thumb print of preserves and second, I folder the sides over to "wrap" the preserves. Either way, the taste is wonderful. I used blueberry jam for part of the recipe and it's a new family favorite!