Dana Z's Note:
These cookies are the best cookies I have ever made. (That is saying a lot because I bake all the time!) Everyone we serve these to loves them and requests the recipe. My mother created this recipe using the orginal Nieman Marcus cookie recipe. We have added tons of different ingredients but here are the ones we use the most.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 cups honey
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 1 cup butter (for the lower fat version) or 1 1/2 cups applesauce (for the lower fat version)
- 1 cup shortening
- 1 cup peanut butter
Shift together in a separate bowl
Mix dry ingredients into wet 2 cups at a time then add
- 24 ounces chocolate chips (optional)
- 2 cups of chopped nuts (optional)
- 1 cup raisins (optional)
- 1/2 cup of dried unsweetened coconut (you can add whatever you want) (optional)
Then mix in by hand
- 6 -10 cups oatmeal (depends on how much you like oatmeal)
- 1Drop spoonfulls onto a greased cookie sheet then flatten with back of spoon or hand.
- 2These cookies do not spread much during baking.
- 3Bake in oven at 350° for 10-15 minutes depending on the size of the cookie. (I usually bake 12 minutes).
- 4Let the cookies cool before moving off cookie sheet.
Browse Our Top Drop Cookies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Drop Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Grandma's Kitchen Sink Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (4068 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 168.3
- Calories from Fat 71
- Total Fat 7.9 g
- Saturated Fat 2.8 g
- Cholesterol 18.5 mg
- Sodium 108.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 22.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 12.1 g
- Protein 3.1 g