Recipe by Mizzy
my grandma on my dad's side was a superb cook and baker. She would make this cake almost every weekend. Please note that a lot of the recipes she left for us were given down orally. for example when she gave my mom and i this recipe she litterally said: Bake until done. baking times are estimated by the many times i've made this cake.
- 1 cup butter, at room temp
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup self rising flour (or 1 cup all-purpose flour with 1 teaspoon baking powder)
- your favorite jam
- pecans (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- mix the ingredients for the crust together by hand until well blended.
- Flatten about 2/3 of dough into a 9X13 pan, or a large round pizza pan.
- Its up to you, how thick you want the crust.
- Spread as much jam as you like over the crust and sprinkle with nuts.
- use the remaining dough to form into ribbons.
- Place ribbons in a lattice position.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes until lightly browned.
- Enjoy this warm, or at room temperature.