Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
I've converted my Grandmas delicious Italian meatballs into a slightly healthier version. Sure doesn't lack in flavor though. Every time I've made it for family/friends, they can't tell the difference!
- 1 1⁄2 lbs lean ground turkey (90 to 95% lean) or 1 lb lean ground beef (90 to 95% lean)
- 1⁄2 cup plain breadcrumbs
- 1⁄2-1 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1⁄4 cup skim milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon morton lite salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup egg substitute, slightly beaten
- Heat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Mix all ingredients. Shape mixture into 20 1 ½ inch balls. Place in ungreased rectangular pan. Bake 20 to 25 minutes.