Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
I remember growing up with this fabulous ice cream dessert. My family and guests still love this treat!
- 2 cups vanilla wafer crumbs
- 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 2 ounces semisweet chocolate
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 3 egg yolks (beaten)
- 3 egg whites (beaten stiff)
- 1⁄2 gallon vanilla ice cream
- Grease a loaf pan (or long cake pan).
- Sprinkle 1 1/2 c.
- crumbs in bottom.
- Melt butter and chocolate together.
- Add egg yolks and 10x sugar.
- Remove from heat and blend in egg whites.
- Pour over crumbs and let the mixture harden.
- Soften ice cream and put on top of chocolate mixture.
- Before serving, sprinkle with remaining crumbs.