Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
One night when I went to visit my dad, my grandma had made this tuna casserole for dinner. I had never had tuna casserole before and after tasting it, I fell in love. My sister and I asked for the recipe so we can make it ourselves at home. When we made it, it came out just as good as hers.
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Biol eggs first (approx. 10 min) - let cool. Peel egg shells and slice.
- Drain the tuna juice and break up with a fork in a bowl.
- Mix cream of chicken soup, tuna, celery, onions, mayo, salt and pepper.
- Add eggs and fold.
- Place mixture in casserole dish.
- Sprinkle the top with crushed potato chips.
- Place in oven and bake for 20 minutes. If you are unsure if it is done, the chips should have a light brown crisp to them. Not all the chips will be brown, but a few should be.
This is the best tuna casserole I have ever had. My husband loved it too. I will never make the old tuna and noodle casserole again. Deliscious
This is very delicious! And a nice variation on the other tuna casseroles I have made in the past. I added 1/4 tsp of paprika along with the pepper for more kick and omitted the salt. I also substituted low fat miracle whip and fat free Cambell's soup. Tasted great. Thank you.
Sounds good I want to try this soon.