Recipe by bonjourmn
Grandma used to make this on Sunday nights, it is the best! Even if you are usually not a big chocolate lover, you will LOVE this.
Top Review by lauren losefast
This was good but I found it needed another ounce of baking chocolate to make it less sugary and more chocolatey. But this was personal preference as my husband and I both prefer dark chocolate over light/milk chocolate. Ate it over homemade brownies, vanilla ice cream, and fresh whipped cream. Definitely goes in the category of foods that are worth getting fat for.
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 4 ounces unsweetened baking chocolate
- 2 1⁄4 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2-1 cup milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat medium sized sauce pan at medium heat.
- Put chocolate and butter into the pan, melt.
- Mix sugar into butter and chocolate mixture.
- In a separate bowl, beat eggs with a few tablespoons of milk.
- Stir egg mixture into chocolate sauce as fast as you can!
- Don't take too long because the eggs will scramble-mixing half of the egg mixture in at a time makes it easier.
- Add enough milk to dissolve the sugar and make a smooth sauce.
- Use more than called for, if necessary.
- Add salt and vanilla.
- Store left overs in the fridge for up to a week.
- You may be tempted to eat it out of the jar!